Spring is just around the corner and after a long winter, we could all use some sunshine and self-care. We’ve come up with some of our favorite self-care ideas for spring to share with you! You have to nourish your body and soul so you can flourish.
1. GET OUTSIDE!! The days grow longer throughout spring giving you plenty of time to enjoy the sunshine. Vitamin D from sunlight is absorbed through your eyes and triggers the brain to release serotonin to help boost your mood, feel calmer, and stay focused. So go for a walk and pack a picnic for some extra outdoor time. You won’t regret it, just make sure you wear your sunscreen!
2. Brighten up your diet with seasonal fruits and vegetables. Foods that are grown and consumed during their appropriate seasons are more nutritionally dense, taste better, and are generally cheaper. The farmers market is a great place to start looking for seasonal foods.
3. Do some spring cleaning! This is a great time of year to clean your spaces and declutter. You might want to think about decluttering and organizing your pantry, fridge and freezer, clothes and documents. While you are cleaning your spaces, open a window and let some fresh air in!
4. Buy yourself some houseplant babies. Having house plants are shown to promote wellbeing and lower stress levels. They also can be used to decorate your new clean space! Check out the low care plants to start out like aloe, succulents, and snake plants.
5. Create a vision board and start journaling to focus on your goals and growth. Vision boards are great because they are a visual reminder of your goals. The more we can visual our goals the easier it is to reach them. You can manifest any kind of growth into your life through thoughts, feelings, and changes. As long as you start manifesting your dream, you’re already further along than most people. Identify what you want and manifest anything in your life.